Instructions to Baby Proofing Your Home
The life of the parent revolves round their babies. Their aim is to provide best home for their baby. A baby brings lot of happiness as well as an added responsibility with it. Hence parent carry out baby proofing before bringing the baby home.
What is Good Baby proofing?
Baby proofing is looking at the place from the baby’s level. It is important for the parent to come down to the level of the child and view the risks to his life. Most of the parents lie on the ground to find out how the room looks like to the baby. Once they find out the hazards they take corrective measures.
Threats the Baby May Face in Life.
There are many things in the house that may attract the baby. A few of them are discussed below.
- Keep away the hanging material from the baby such as curtains, strings of window blind and the electrical wires. The window blind should protect the baby from falling out. Loose electrical wires can entangle the baby and strangulate him.
- The crib is the safest place for the baby. They spend most of the time during the day and night when they are alone in the crib. The crib should be placed at the best location away from the heavy furniture and the artworks. The child may pull it and hurt himself. The mattress of the crib must be of proper fitting. The pillows and the soft toys should be kept away. They can strangulate your child. Bars of the crib should not be more than 2 3/8 inches apart.
- Toxic chemicals, medicines and cleaning supplies should be taken care of. Avoid keeping indoor plants. The baby likes to taste whatever it sees and may take in the toxic chemical. These can be kept in the locked cabinets.
- Baby loves to explore the kitchen. Hence the parent can child lock the cabinets and the refrigerator. The knobs of the microwave and the gas stoves are to be taken c are of.
- Tiny items lying on the floor like coins and screws should be picked up. The table tops and the cabinets should be cleaned as the baby may swallow a small item. If the baby is below one year, items like grapes, nuts, candies and hot dogs should be avoided. These can get stuck in the baby’s throat and choke him.
- Damaged and wobbly furniture should be replaced or repaired at once. The corners and the sharp edges of the table and other furniture should be covered with a soft pillow to keep the baby safe.
By keeping these guidelines in mind a parent can create a good baby proof home. For this they may obtain expert advice and solutions. They can also get more information by reading books and take opinion from the professional. In this may a parent can not only allow the child to move freely but also enjoy its world. The parent can also be assured about the safety of the baby.
baby proofing products
- baby proof house tips
- baby proof home
- baby proofing checklist
- baby proof guidelines